Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Color temperature of lighting and living



Do you know lighting can affect your mood? That's very true. From long ago our ancestor live on this planet; not around the clock but around day light. They went to sleep when it's dark and woke up to work or hunt when sun came up. And you probably already noticed, sky or sunlight has different color temperature around the day. When dawn or dusk, the sky is more close to orange/yellowish; but it turns into more bluish white when went into day.

According the light spectrum of natural light, lighting manufacture developed different lighting products with different color temperature. Daylight white products are more suitable for work, and warm white products are more relaxing and good for resting.

Take myself for example, I equipped all bedroom/bathroom in my house with warm white light; and I changed rest of house into daylight white LED. That has a very dramatic effect for me and my family. For example, my daughter always had problem to wake up in time to finish breakfast before school. Ever since I changed family room with daylight white LED light, I just have to carry her to family room and she would become fully awake very soon.

Another example is lighting at my work place. I work at a large office building which has all integrated lighting, therefore I can't change the lighting setup myself. Under this soothing and relax lighting, I always felt tired and need to fight drowsiness while doing boring daily business work. But ever since I put a 15Watt Easy LED module on top of my office cabinets, I feel much alive and awake everyday at work. That 15Watt of LED light isn't much, but by blending in just a little bit of daylight white light together with original warm white light, it has great impact on me and improved my performance at work.


On the contrary, I wouldn't use any bluish or daylight white light in my bedroom. I usually sleep light and there are certain point at night, once pass that point, it would be hard for me to fall into a good sleep, sometime even for hours. There are reports say,  even watching iPad before sleep may spoil  precious sleepiness for some, let along lighting...

<PS> Daylight white LED products can be found at easyledlighting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment